I saw this tag over on The Beauty of Reading, you can read her post HERE
As I’ve had new followers recently I thought this would be a good idea, that way you can get to know me a little outside of the book addiction!!
1. Tell us five random facts about you
- I get married next year! We’ve been together for 10 and a half years now, and he proposed last year – finally.
- I live approximately 270ish miles away from any of my family. I live near Blackpool, Lancs. I’m originally from Essex, where my sister and Dad still live. My Mum and Step-Dad now live in Somerset. We’ve been here for just over 7 years now.
- I enjoy cooking and baking. I’m forever looking for something new to try.
- I’m afraid of fireworks. Don’t ask. I’ve never liked them, they frighten me.
- Not only am I book addict, I love TV as well. In any format. Films, shows. Doesn’t bother me. If it has more than say 3 seasons even better! I’m a massive fan of long running shows like Grey’s Anatomy and Supernatural. I’ll give anything a go though.
2. When is your birthday?
20th August. I’m the third female in 4 generations to have a birthday in that week. There’s my great-grandmother (I never met her), then my nan, my mum, then myself. God forbid I have another child!! I’ll probably end up having a girl in the same week!!
3. What is your favourite colour?
Green and Yellow. Both are happy, cheerful colours. I find green soothing and yellow instantly makes me smile. However, I do love a mixture of greys as well which may seem a little plain and boring.
4. What is your favourite memory?
A normal person would probably say finding out about a pregnancy/marriage proposal etc. And yet I wouldn’t. Finding out I was pregnant was a bit of a unexpected surprise, the marriage proposal wasn’t a shock but it wasn’t expected either. I think I would have to pick moving into our flat when I found out I was pregnant. It sort of signified that we had finally got life sorted. We were both working, we were having a baby, we were finally the independent grown ups.
5. Describe a day in your life
A working day or a normal at home day? A working day can be pretty boring. I massively dislike my job, but it’s a job. A normal day off consists of cleaning, entertaining my 3, nearly 4, year old, cooking, more cleaning and then maybe able to read for an hour or so in the evening. If not reading then Netflix or some other TV variety.
6. Name five of your favourite songs
- I’ll Follow You by Shinedown
- Dancing On My Own by Calum Scott
- Barcelona by George Ezra
- Stellar by Incubus
- Stone Cold Sober by Paloma Faith
7. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Oh my god, choices!! I love food. Any food. But having to pick one sort of food it would be bacon. Crispy bacon. I loooooove bacon!!
8. What is something you really dislike?
Where do I start? A list:
- People (not all people but people as a whole seems appropriate some days)
- Bananas. Yuck. My child loves them and I cannot stand them.
9. Summer or Winter?
I’m a summer person out of those 2 but really it’s Autumn. The crispness in the air, the buildup of excitement for winter, the promise of christmas.
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
Italy. Hands down. I love the place, I love the food, the culture. Everything. I don’t think living away from family would be an issue as I hardly seem them as it is now. But I think it would be that little more difficult knowing that I can’t just get the man to drive me to them.
11. Name your five favourite films
This is such a strange mixture of films here:
- Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
- Fight Club
- It’s A Wonderful Life
- The Lion King
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
12. If you won the lottery what would you buy?
A home, with a gigantic kitchen, and a library for myself. A new car for the man, and I would put the rest away until I thought of something sensible to do with it.
13. Favourite day of the week?
Sundays! I adore lazy sundays to be exact. We don’t have many of them but that makes them that little bit more special.
14. What three things would you take to a desert island with you?
- A suitcase of books. Has to be a huge suitcase.
- Music of some sort, life is boring without music.
- My family? They would make it more better.
15. Sweet or savoury?
Savoury. I love crisps. Any sort of crisp as long as it isn’t Salt and Vinegar. Vinegar makes me heave.
16. Early bird or night owl?
Exhausted pigeon comes to mind. I’d say I’m more Night Owl, I have trouble sleeping some nights so I tend to binge watch TV shows or read one to many chapters quite often.
17. Name five of your favourite books
- Harry Potter
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
- Anything written by Victoria Hislop